Saturday, December 1, 2012

Recycled crayons



5 steps to crayon recycling
1. Get an old unwanted toaster oven.
2. Search out all your broken crayons.
3. Buy a silicon mould from Daiso. (This one was found in the ice-cube tray section. It actually stated not to
    put it into the oven. But I tried and it was ok!)
4. Peel off the paper wrapping on the crayons and chop the crayons up.
5. Put them in the mould and bake for 20 min.

The smell was terrible, so I baked it outside my house.

I think the crayon brand does matter. To have smooth and nice "chocolate" looking ones, you must use CRAYOLA or those cheapo type. Some of my crayons are thicker so they did not melt well.

Anyway, the end product looked pretty and the children loved to used them again!

There are many ideas out there... just google - recycling crayons.
Meanwhile here is a place where I get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment