Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kueh Buhulu


My children love this CNY snack. 

I chanced upon the recipe and realized it only needs 3 ingredients and a few easy steps. The toughest part is probably the baking because I have to do a few rounds of it. I have tried baking it in a muffin tin with small paper cups and it works well too.

Now the 3 ingredient recipe -
120 gr plain flour ( I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt)
120 gr sugar
4 eggs

1. Preheat oven @ 180 degree with the oiled mould.
2 Beat the eggs and sugar till white, thick and creamy - "ribbon" like about 20 min
3. Fold in sifted flour in 3 batches
4. Spoon mixture into mould and bake for 15 mins!

For the first time I tried  a small proportion, ie. 30 gr flour, 30 gr sugar and 1 egg.. It works too :)

You can watched a youtube video here to learn more about the steps.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment